TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Setup News Ticker
   TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Searching for 'Here report'. (Return)

Mac RumorsMay 21, 2019
Apple Launches New Backlight Service Program for 2016 13-Inch MacBook Pro Display to Address 'Flexgate' Issues
Alongside the launch of new MacBook Pro models, Apple today introduced a new Backlight Service Program for the 13-inch MacBook Pro.


PC World Latest NewsMay 21, 2019
How Google's Huawei license ban could change Android and smartphones forever
A bad month has just gotten a whole lot worse for Huawei. According to a Reuters report and confirmed by the two companies, Google is preparing to cut off the China-based smartphone maker's Android license, preventing future Huawei phones (such as the upcoming Mate 30) from using the Play Store and Google's popular apps and services.

The bombshell comes just days after President Donald Trump signed an Executive Order barring U.S. companies from using telecommunications equipment made by firms that "pose a national security risk." While the order didn't single out Huawei, the Commerce Department simultaneously added Huawei to its Entity List, effectively banning the smartphone maker from buying parts and components from U.S. companies without explicit government approval. Together, the two moves make it extremely difficult for any U.S. company to do business with Huawei.

To read this article in full, please click here



Yahoo Tech - Apple MacMay 21, 2019
Iran 'threat' has diminished, says US defense secretary
Patrick Shanahan credits US show of forceRemarks appear to be a sign tension is easing This handout picture released by the US navy shows an F/A-18E Super Hornet landing on the flight deck of the carrier USS Abraham Lincoln in the Gulf. Photograph: MC3 Jeff Sherman/AFP/Getty Images The acting US defence secretary has claimed that the alleged threat from Iran has receded as the result of an American show of force in the Middle East. "We've put on hold the potential for attacks on Americans," Patrick Shanahan told reporters before briefing Congress on the situation in the Persian Gulf and the military deployments that the US said were a response to a danger of imminent attack. The arrival of an aircraft carrier and its accompanying ships was recently accelerated, and B-52 bombers were sent to Qatar. Tensions increased with mysterious sabotage attacks on oil tankers in the Gulf, and drone strikes on Saudi oil installations, claimed by Iranian-backed Houthi rebels in Yemen. Nerves in the region were put even more on edge on Sunday by Donald Trump's tweeted threat that any conflict with the US would mean "the official end of Iran". The remarks from Shanahan appeared to be a sign that tensions were easing. Asked what he meant by saying that the threat was "on hold", the acting defence secretary said: "There haven't been any attacks on Americans. I would consider that a hold. "That doesn't mean that the threats that we've previously identified have gone away," Shanahan added. "Our prudent response, I think, has given the
  • CEOExpress
  • 1 Boston Place | Suite 2600
    Boston MA 02108
  • 617 482 1200
    617 299 8649 (fax)
  • Contact
  • As an Amazon Associate
    CEOExpress earns from
    qualifying purchases.

©1999-2019 CEOExpress Company LLC